Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 24 12 8:21 AM

Tags : :

Hi,

it would be nice to be able to launch and delete the files from the "shared files" tab like it is possible to have the "preview" or "delete" possibility in the "Download" tab.

It would be easier to rate, comment or clean the files you are sharing.

It's also useful when you are downloading a lot of files. I sort the list by "share ratio" to have a sense of which on is the most popular those days.

t.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 29 12 7:27 PM

Re: launch files from the "shared files" tab

Just open your favorite explorer/finder/whatever to your Incoming directory. Trying to implement all its features in aMule is pointless.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 7 13 12:44 AM

Given how messy things can get when you come back to find that more than one version of a file with few sources arrived, it'd make sense to at least have a "copy path to clipboard" link in the "Shared Files" view so you can be sure you've got the right file without a ton of double-checking.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 9 13 5:54 PM

StuRedman wrote:
Directory path is shown as column in the shared files tab.

And how do I copy and paste that? Just having that is no more helpful than having the "File Name" column visible for the exact same reason I already said.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 9 13 11:29 PM

And what do you do with it sitting in your clipboard?
Just move to it with your explorer.
And most people don't use more than one download folder anyway. Especially not different folders for related stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 10 13 2:13 AM

StuRedman wrote:
And most people don't use more than one download folder anyway. Especially not different folders for related stuff.

You misunderstand. I have one downloads folder, but I often grab stuff with many versions and very few sources, so I queue up every version that looks viable and I sometimes get more than one copy between when I fall asleep and when I wake up the next morning.

In that case, it's a hassle to double- and triple-check that, of several files with almost identical names, I've selected the one in my file manager that corresponds to a certain entry in aMule.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

May 10 13 2:16 AM

ssokolow wrote:
StuRedman wrote:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. As a Linux user, having a filename on the clipboard is actually very useful to me since all applications installed via the package manager (99.9%+ of all non-games) can be launched with arguments via a run dialog or terminal window very trivially.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 11 13 5:04 PM

ssokolow wrote:
In that case, it's a hassle to double- and triple-check that, of several files with almost identical names, I've selected the one in my file manager that corresponds to a certain entry in aMule.

I don't get your point. These files look just as similar in aMule as they do in your file system. So how do you want to distinguish them, other than trying each one out?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 11 13 5:21 PM

StuRedman wrote:
ssokolow wrote:

I don't get your point. These files look just as similar in aMule as they do in your file system. So how do you want to distinguish them, other than trying each one out?

Within aMule, they may have comments and, more importantly, it's possible to use "Clear completed" to get inbox-like behaviour out of the Downloads view.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 11 13 5:29 PM

I think comments get lost once they are completed (at least after a restart of the client).
So what you actually want is "copy path" not from the "shared files" list, but from the "completed downloads". Right?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 11 13 5:36 PM

Ugh. I haven't been sleeping well lately and I think my different desires regarding aMule have been starting to blur together without my notice. Sorry about the confusion.

I'll make myself a note to queue requests for this and other projects until I'm in a state to vet them properly before posting.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help