Remove this ad

Lead

May 27 13 8:01 PM

Tags : :

I'm using rev 10805 withOUT boost (no extra options during configure).

I'm trying to download a file which has only 1-2 sources. One appears to get filtered or kicks me out of his queue.
1 source lost. ok

The second guy sometimes disappears (maybe normal disconnect). Afterwards aMule doesn't find him again until I stop the file download and start it.
It seems like aMule is not asking / searching for sources!

Ideas?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 1 13 6:02 PM

Re: Source request not working?

Without deeply digging into the source code, I think aMule simply discards the source because it does not respond. Probably even stores it in a list of bad sources (there is such a thing iirc). That may be why it is not contacted again even if a Kad search still returns it as a source. Mind, if someone shuts down his client or switches his IP, it takes a while until he vanishes from Kad. So aMule just marks a not responding source as bad, instead of periodically pinging it (with very little chance of getting a positive response).

Dropping and restarting the download of course purges all such lists and allows to contact him again. Restarting aMule would do the trick as well.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 9 13 10:20 AM

I've written in not good way:

I mean, what about re-asking the sources from bad sources list every ~50 min?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jun 14 13 9:41 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure if and when they get discarded entirely.
When they are still returned by a Kad search they definitely will get reasked.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 13 13 3:23 PM

When a source is marked as "dead", aMule will ignore it subsequent search results, meaning it won't try to connect to the "dead" source for 30-60 mins (the exact time depends on the list state and the source type). After that, the only thing that happens automatically is that aMule forgets that this source was dead. That means, sources on the dead source list will be contacted again only if their "dead" state is already forgotten and they're returned from a search. That can take up to ~2 hours from being marked as "dead", depending on various factors, like the number of active downloads, etc.

concordia cum veritate

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help