Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 29 13 11:42 PM

Tags : :

Why don't you use Sourceforge as main site for all?
Look this example: http://sourceforge.net/projects/texstud ... rce=navbar
Now sourceforge is reinvented and is more easy to configure and admin. You can add forum, bug tracking, mailing list, etc.
Give it a try...
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 30 13 5:14 PM

Re: Sourceforge

Yeah, looking nice at first glance. When I set this place up there wasn't a forum available over there.
We had other plans getting the site back up but apparently they went nowhere.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 1 13 11:51 AM

I have no idea how to import the existing wiki in the SF wiki. These project site wikis are meant for just using, not for importing existing content.
And there had been hope to get the old forum with all its thousands of posts up again of course.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 2 13 8:23 PM

Does anybody have backups of all the old stuff? I could rent a server where we can migrate all
But we could also change forum software, to maybe an actual phpBB version?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 3 13 6:41 PM

Did you just volunteer for new server admin?
Renting a server is not cheap, at least the one we had wasn't. That's why we had to take it down, because we couldn't afford it anymore, and our server admin went away.
Backups of the old stuff exist. I know GonoszTopi has been working on getting the server back up, but not how far he came and where and why he got stuck.
Forum software at forumer can't be changed. It's not a free root server, just a free forum software.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Sep 4 13 6:20 AM

I have to check which are the requirements, but if a vServer is enought it should be affordable...

I'm not super experienced with administrating a server, but it should be all possible

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 4 13 6:20 AM

Of course I don't want to interfere if Topi is already setting up something!

I have to check which are the requirements, but if a vServer is enought it should be affordable...

I'm not super experienced with administrating a server, but it should be all possible

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 12 13 6:10 AM

I have all the old stuff and currently working on the wiki. If that'll be ready (sometime soon, hopefully), everything will be up again.

concordia cum veritate

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 17 13 5:53 PM

So did you get a server Topi?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help