Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 12 13 5:10 PM

Tags : :

I'm trying to compile aMule 2.3.1 on Solaris 10 x86. It's giving me a bit of a hard time.

After a successful configure and no errors on "make check" the actual compile run fails with an error on a missing thingy:
[...]
Compiling ECTag.cpp
Compiling ECPacket.cpp
Compiling ECSocket.cpp
Compiling RemoteConnect.cpp
Compiling ECSpecialTags.cpp
Building libec.a
Compiling onlinesig.cpp
Compiling linuxmon.cpp
Compiling wxcas.cpp
Compiling wxcasprint.cpp
Compiling wxcasframe.cpp
Compiling wxcasprefs.cpp
Compiling wxcascte.cpp
Compiling wxcaspix.cpp
Linking wxcas
Compiling alcc.cpp
Compiling ed2khash.cpp
Compiling md4.cpp
Linking alcc
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
wxThemeUsewin32 alcc-alcc.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to alcc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My environment settings pertaining to wxWidgets are as follows:
CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include -I/export/home/user/compile/wxWidgets-2.8.12/include/ -I/opt/csw/include'
LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -L/export/home/user/compile/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib -R/export/home/user/compile/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/export/home/user/compile/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib:/opt/csw/lib

Anybody have an idea on what is going wrong here?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 13 13 1:04 PM

Re: Make fails on an undefine symbol wxThemeUsewin32

Yes, I did compile wxWidgets myself. It seems there is no package more recent than 2.8.10 available for Solaris 10. The settings I used for the wxWidgets configuration were:
./configure --with-x11 --with-universal --enable-unicode --prefix=$(pwd)

According to the wxWidgets docs this should give me the most universal build, perhaps not the best graphics but it should always work.

Then the aMule configure is as follows:
./configure --enable-amule-daemon --enable-wxcas --enable-amulecmd --enable-webserver --enable-alcc --enable-amulegui --disable-upnp CC='gcc -std=gnu99'

Removing the alcc doesn't help, because the same error also occurs on linking the webserver, and I certainly need that one for my headless box.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 13 13 5:38 PM

For kicks I downloaded and compiled wxWidgets 2.9.5. I did change one other thing on that build though, I added the "--with-themes=all" flag to the configure command line.

Output from the aMule compilation stays the same, again it runs against the wall of the undefined symbol "wxThemeUsewin32".

Crap, I checked ./configure --help on wxWidgets again, and the keywords I should have used are "--with-x11" and "--enable-universal". I'll recompile wxWidgets again and see if that little change makes a difference. Will be continued.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 13 13 6:18 PM

Nope, no change.

However, if I build wxWidgets 2.8.12 using --with-gtk, I do get a different error message:
Undefined symbol "wxThemeUsegtk". It's definitely something coming out of the wxWidgets build.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Oct 14 13 6:23 PM

If you want to build just for a headless box don't build amulegui and configure wx to build wxbase only (no gui). You can control amuled using amulegui for Windows, Linux, or what you have at hand.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 15 13 6:51 PM

Since a GUI app (wxcas) built succesfully, only the command-line application alcc failed linking, I guess it is most likely a wx bug (using a GUI symbol reference in the base library). Or we miss some library on the linker command line (which I hardly believe, the symbol name looks really GUI-ish).

concordia cum veritate

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 15 13 6:58 PM

Note, that it might still be our fault, including some header that we shouldn't (and which didn't cause problems in the past, but does now).

concordia cum veritate

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 15 13 8:11 PM

I'll see which aMule components are willing to be built and which are not. I'll let you know in a short while, bit busy during the week.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help