Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 18 14 9:16 AM

Tags : :

Hi there!

I'm a big fan of amule in all its flavours (gui, amuleweb, etc), but I'm a bit concerned that latest stable release is from 2012...are there any plan to keep on developing amuled? I can help with this...not a lot (I just created an startup and I'm a bit overwhelmed) but sure I can provide some effort.

I'm asking because for instance, amuleweb becomes terribly slow after some time, to the point of becoming unresponsive, which forces me to restart amule-daemon (restarting amuleweb seems to have no effect). Maybe its just my rig, (I'm running amule on a Pandaboard), but I don't recon this can be real problem tough...has anybody tried amule on a rasrpberry? If performance is good a a Rpi, I don't mind switching...

Regards,
Alejandro
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 19 14 6:47 PM

Re: Amule plans for future?

There are currently no more plans for actual developing I'm afraid.
There are no plans to completely abandon the project either though.
Things like incompatibilities with new compilers, wx versions and such will keep getting fixed in the SVN version.
There are some interesting things in SVN actually (the new networking layer and the fix for the infamous statistics.dat crash for example), but I can't say when or if a new release might be pushed.

Amuleweb has been pretty much abandoned for quite some time, I suggest you use amulegui instead. And keep number of shares and downloads to something reasonable. There are no hard limits, but certainly limits to what machines can handle.

For Raspi it will mainly be an issue of memory I believe.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 19 14 11:58 PM

Hi!

Well, that's a shame...I'd love to see amule not being abandoned...

I could use amulegui, but that requires me setting up a vnc server in the panda...something I was trying to avoid...but I'll probably have to do it sooner or later.

Just for curiosity...what language was used to create amule? I guess is just C++, but I'm wondering

Regards,
Alejandro

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 21 14 10:07 PM

alejandrovk wrote:
I could use amulegui, but that requires me setting up a vnc server in the panda...something I was trying to avoid...but I'll probably have to do it sooner or later.

Why? The machine running your browser to display amuleweb could just run amulegui instead.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 25 14 11:48 AM

Oh, you mean use a local amule-gui and connect to my remote amule daemon? What are the listening ports of my amule daemon to establish a connection with a local amule-gui?

Regards,
Alejandro

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Mar 22 14 2:03 AM

StuRedman wrote:
There are some interesting things in SVN actually (the new networking layer and the fix for the infamous statistics.dat crash for example),

So why not release the 2.4.0?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Apr 12 14 2:09 PM

Great news

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help