Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 23 14 10:53 PM

Tags : :

In aMule SVN current (10835) but also in previous version, I have problems while closing
tabs of result of researchs by "close all tabs" (I guess in english is something similar).

I also have the same problem with "close other tabs" and sometimes while quitting aMule.

This using wxWidgets 3.0.0 to build amule.

I was able to fix the problem with the attached patch.

As always, consider this patch as a "starting-pont" and a "proposal" and, as always, feel free to insult me

And now a question due to my unlimited ignorance: are the files in src/extern/wxWidgets in someway related to / originated by to files in wxWidgets code? (src/generic/listctrl.*)

If this is the case, do we need to update the src/extern/wxWidgets files accordingly to the corresponding files of wxWidgets 3.0?

Bye,
Mr Hyde
--------------------
Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 29 14 12:36 PM

Re: MacOS aMule SVN current crash while closing panels of se

The main problem with the original wxListCtrl is that it has no owner draw hook which we require for several features. So the code from some version (then current, now obsolete) was forked and patched. Which is a recipe for problems in the long term as you can see.
Someone should make a clean new implementation based on wx 3.0 dataview controls or so. But that is not something you do on one rainy afternoon and I fear it's not gonna happen.

Your patch boils down to
[code]
+#if defined(__WXMAC__) && wxCHECK_VERSION(3,0,0)
+ // In MacOS and wx3.0 I still have problems with lock/freeze methods...
+ wxNotebook:eleteAllPages();
+ return true;
+#else
[/code]
The size_t thing has no effect.
I'm wondering if the whole DeletePage overload couldn't be removed for wx 3.0. I'll have to make some tests.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 2 14 7:16 AM

Sigh
Issue not completely defeated!

No more crashes but when I use "close all tabs" sometimes the interface is "locked"/not updated and only some buttons of toolbar works (as happened with the damned problem regarding the "Rearrange" method...)

I need to investigate more...

Bye,
Mr Hyde

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 10 14 8:40 PM

Hello Mr Hyde,
I'm trying to compile aMule SVN 10835 on Mavericks but get compile errors. Did you compile on Mavericks? Which configure flags did you use to compile wxWidgets 3.0.0 and aMule SVN 10835?
Bye,
Arne

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 11 14 2:21 PM

To build aMule (and wxWidgets and other stuff needed to build aMule) I use some build scripts.

I have different scripts to build:
- for PPC/x86 with wx 2.8.12 in MacOS 10.6.x
- for x86/x64 with wx 3.x in MacOS Mavericks

The best method probably would be to update the project of XCode present in aMule sources, but till now I had no time for this.

Anyway I will try to comment my scripts and I'll post them somewhere SOON (yes, the old "SOON" in aMule style! )

Bye,
Mr Hyde

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Apr 11 14 3:15 PM

I found a solution. I am able to compile aMule SVN 10835 if I compile wxWidgets 3.0.0 with ./configure --with-macosx-version-min=10.9 on Mavericks.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 17 14 1:01 PM

arne, Paul, please describe in more detail what exactly you are doing to provoke the crash, and if it can be reproduced. Preferably in new threads.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help